Rule Number One: Enjoy Your Visit!
Rules must be followed while you are visiting Luray Zoo. These rules have been developed for the safety of the zoo animals as well as visitors. Guest will be asked to leave for breaking any zoo rules or seen causing harm/threat to animals or zoo guest and staff.You will not receive a refund if you are asked to leave the zoo due to breaking any zoo rules.
The Luray Zoo is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is restricted to the parking lot area only. Please dispose of cigarettes butts properly.
Luray Zoo is handicap accessible, and wheel chairs are permitted.
There are no refunds or rain checks offered due to animal availability or weather conditions.
Visitors to the Zoo must be wearing clothing and shoes at all times.
Please be aware that children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult to tour Luray Zoo. Children must remain with an adult during your entire visit to the zoo.
- Bicycles, mopeds, scooters, Segway, tricycles
- Firearms and concealed weapons
- Food or beverage**
- Remote controlled toys
- Shoes with wheels
- Steering trikes
- Water Guns or Water Balloons
- Laser Pointers or Flash Lights
- Stickers or Confetti
- Any other items deemed unsafe by Luray Zoo security.
*Backpacks used as camera bags, diaper bags or pocketbooks can be brought into the zoo. School students should not bring backpacks. The zoo reserves the right to check the contents of any backpack.**Coolers, food, beverage must be approved to enter the zoo. Guest are welcomed to carry a bottled, non-alcoholic beverage into the zoo.
Distribution of handouts, leaflets, flyer, information, merchandise, promotional items, printed materials or anything similar requires prior approval of the Luray Zoo Marketing Department.
Protection of Luray Zoo Animals
- No guest shall disturb any animals by any means, including but not limited to attempt to pet, feed, handle or trap, pester, tap, harass.
- No tapping on reptile house exhibits or trying to get any animal to move or strike.
- No visitor shall go over, under, between or otherwise cross any guard rails ,fence, moat, wall or other safety barrier, or seat, stand, or hold children or any other person or object over such barriers.
- No visitors shall throw or toss any rocks, objects, food or any other article into exhibits.
- No pets of any kind are allowed on Zoo grounds. We discourage visitors from bringing pets and leaving them in parked vehicles. Distressed pets will be removed from vehicles.
- No loud music may be played on zoo grounds as it will disturb animals and guest. Please use head phones!
- Receptacles are provided for trash and recycling-approved containers. Theses should be used to minimize pest in the zoo and to ensure safety to both zoo animals as well as local wild animals!
- The Zoo may be closed during normal public visitation hours due to crowding or a park emergency. Visitors should follow instructions provided by Luray Zoo Staff regarding access to the zoo, evacuation of the zoo or “shelter in place”. Visitors are allowed to bring tripods and are encouraged to take photographs for their personal use and to share their memories with family and friends. Photographers wishing to market and sell their photos of the Zoo animals must contact the Luray Zoo beforehand.